So we've moved. Four flights - 4 loads - pouring rain. It was a very tiring day. Its nice to have it all done and to have the apartment to myself.
To finally have a private space to think. Its like taking a vacation every evening. Which is so amazing. It is definately a safe space and this new haven really does put a separation between work and home.
My stress from work melted away today - phew - had a large and very serious meeting today. Finally it is over and I can let go of that apprehensive knot in my stomach that I have been carrying around for the past few weeks.
Long story short - it seems that I am getting more responsibility and more work but definately not more pay. I also get my own office which is a perk. As much as I bitch about this job it is excellent experience.
In other news my best friend is down from Ottawa for a few days and it is lovely to see her. We searched through old photos last night and became very nostalgic about the past 4 years. It was so much fun to be in University and I am sad that it has been over for a year already.
We are going to go see a baseball game tonight - the girls want to spend more then I am comfortable on tickets and cannot seem to understand that I can't afford that. Its a bit frustrating that they are not taking into consideration my financial situation. This is definitely not unreasonable - considering that I just spent all of this money to move and that I just spent a fair amount of my BFF's birthday all in the same week.
Anyway I'm out.
Have a great evening.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment