Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Anticipation

As we are gearing up to make the big move I can feel myself becoming more and more anxious. Today at work I was doing a particularly monotonous task and I began to day dream about the new apartment. Nothing too fantastical just being there in m first post university home, a whole year after graduating.

Last night we announced our departure to the rest of the girls that we are currently living with which made the whole thing all too real. I was surprised really that they were happy for us and when I brought up the topic of taking the TV in the living room (that I found) they didn't seem to mind. Phew, I was really worried that they would put up a fuss about that one.

I have always been pretty fortunate when it comes to money. I grew up in a single parent home, my mom cleans houses for a living, so we didn't have a lot but we always had enough. Before university I was deathly afraid that the economy would collapse and that OSAP wouldn't be available and my dreams of getting an education would go quickly down the drain. Of course this has not happened to date, and as it turns out I didn't ever need OSAP. I worked my way through school.

Now at the brink of a new life stage I am thinking once again about finances. I know I do not have a lot of money, but money has never been one of my goals. I know that everything will be alright, I will not go hungry, I will have a roof over my head. I think this is going to be a very interesting experiment. What can I live on? And what sort of trials will this bring. The only thing that I have really wanted this year is to have my own space and now I will be getting it. So I think that everything else will be fine.

But really, I guess we will see what the next step will bring soon.

No comments: